Click for Uralsk, Kazakhstan Forecast

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Found it!

The big news of the day is we found the suitcase! As the days go on we kept thinking of things we needed that were in it. So that's a pretty big relief.
We've also started roaming around town more and venturing further away.
Saturday we are going to go to what the locals call a bazaar. A market place with local goods and food. We drove by one today and it looked quite interesting. I think I might have to try some Borscht http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht (beet soup). ha ha not really. You won't see me anywhere near beets.

But if I leave here without one of those fuzzy Russian type furry hats I will not be happy.

Now a few pics:

I had to try em!


Mom pulling her kid on a sled not too far from our apartment. This seems to be a popular way for kids to travel around here.


These seem to be at random spots around town. When your walking around they sure make great reference points!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad about the luggage!
Are those crab flavored Lays? I gotta ask...how were they?